Saturday, December 5, 2009

John PRIMER - Poor Man Blues 1991


John PRIMER - Poor Man Blues 1991

Blues

Chicago Blues Session, Vol. 6 showcases the exceptional guitar skills of John Primer, who long served as a guitarist for Muddy Waters and Magic Slim. Primer falls somewhere between the two, turning out tough Chicago blues fueled by his biting slide guitar. His original songs aren't particularly interesting, but they function as good vehicles for exciting jams. In the end, Primer might not add anything new to Chicago blues, but he has a great time playing, and it sure is fun to listen to him play.
By Thom Owens. AMG.
**
Billy Branch- (Harmonica)
Michael Coleman, Magic Slim, Junior Pettis- (Guitar)
Leo Davis- (Piano)
James Harrington, Jerry Porter- (Drums)
Nick Holt- (Bass)
John Primer- (Guitar, Vocals)
**
01. Add a Little Touch 4:10
02. Smile in Your Faces 6:15
03. Poor Man Blues 3:39
04. If I Could Hold You in My Arms 6:55
05. Hiding Place 3:28
06. I'm a Blues Man 6:01
07. My Eyes Keep Me in Trouble 4:24
08. My Baby Don't Love Me 5:21
09. Try My Lovin' 4:12
10. Corrine 5:44
11. Forgive Not Forget 3:45
**
NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No comments:

Post a Comment