Sunday, January 10, 2010

John Lee HOOKER - I'm John Lee Hooker 1959


John Lee HOOKER - I'm John Lee Hooker 1959
1999 Issue

Blues

Just an outstanding blues LP. I've played this for just about everyone of my friends and family and they all love it. I've got the original pressing and some of these tracks have superb clarity, especially the ones where JLH is without the band:  Hobo Blues, Boogie Chillun, I'm in the Mood, and Crawlin King Snake. Shows how good those old Neumann U47 microphones are. Dimples is a classic, heck, MOST of these are classics. A true blues shaman!
**
Born near Clarksdale, Mississippi in 1917 to a sharecropper family, John Lee Hooker was one of the last links to the blues of the deep South. He moved to Detroit in the early 1940's and by 1948 had scored his first number-one jukebox hit and million-seller, "Boogie Chillun." Other hits soon followed, "I'm In The Mood," "Crawling Kingsnake," and "Boom Boom" among the biggest. During the 1950s and '60s, Vee Jay Records released a remarkable string of more than 100 of John Lee's songs.
**
A1. Dimples  
A2. Hobo Blues  
A3. I'm So Excited  
A4. I Love You Honey  
A5. Boogie Chillun'  
A6. Little Wheel  
B1. I'm In The Mood  
B2. Maudie  
B3. Crawlin' King Snake  
B4. Every Night  
B5. Time Is Marching  
B6. Baby Lee
**
NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No comments:

Post a Comment