Saturday, February 20, 2010

John Lee HOOKER - Whisky And Wimmen 1994

John Lee HOOKER - Whisky And Wimmen 1994
CDRB 10

Blues

Originally released in 1975 and re-released in 1995. It's the blues, man -- actually it's the blues according to John Lee Hooker which is some of my favorite of all music beyond the blues. There's just something about John that makes me believe that this is the blues. That's the Chicago Blues for ya. The kind that's just one man with his guitar on a stool up on a dark smokey stage with a few people listening. Honestly I don't even think John knew how important he was to music. His simplicity in delivery, his minimalism in his guitar, yet his power in all of this is everything that drawls me in. It is all featured here.
**
01. Dimples
02. I Love You Honey
03. I'm So Excited
04. Whiskey and WImmen
05. Solid Sender
06. No Shoes.mp3
07. My First Wife Left Me
08. Dirty Ground Hog
09. I'm Going Upstairs
10. I'm Mad Again
11. What Do You Say
12. Boom Boom
13. She's Mine
14. Drug Store Woman
15. Send Me Your Pillow
16. Don't Look Back
17. One Way Ticket
18. Bottle Up And Go
19. This Is Hip.
20. Big Legs, Tight Skirt
**
NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No comments:

Post a Comment