Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ernestine ANDERSON - Never Make Your Move Too Soon 1980

Ernestine ANDERSON - Never Make Your Move Too Soon 1980

Jazz

The title cut of this near-classic album became a sort of theme song for Ernestine Anderson, but it is not the only high point. The singer sounds in top form on such fine material as "As Long As I Live," a touching "Old Folks," "My Shining Hour," and "Poor Butterfly." With fine assistance from pianist Monty Alexander, bassist Ray Brown, and drummer Frank Gant, Ernestine Anderson is heard throughout in prime form, sounding quite enthusiastic and powerful. Highly recommended.
By Scott Yanow. AMG.
**
In this album, important jazz critic Leonard Feather, wrote for her; "Anderson knows how to transform and restructure a melody
so thoroughly that it takes on a vital new life.". I think so, she is a perfect singer for me. In this album, great bassist Ray Brown,
great pianist Monty Alexander (he plays both acoustic piano & beautiful Fender Rhodes) and drummer Frank Gant;
accompanies to the beautiful jazz lady. I'm sure, classical jazz lover friends will find what they want to hear, in this album.
**
Ernestine Anderson- Vocals
Monty Alexander- Piano
Ray Brown- Bass
Frank Gant- Drums
**
01. Never Make Your Move Too Soon 3:27
02. What A Diff'rence a Day Made 4:44
03. As Long As I Live 4:37
04. Old Folks 7:13
05. Just One More Chance 5:26
06. My Shining Hour 3:30
07. Why Did I Choose You 4:18
08. Poor Butterfly 5:34
**

NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No comments:

Post a Comment