Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ma RAINEY - Don't Fish In My Sea 2004


Ma RAINEY - Don't Fish In My Sea 2004

Blues

Gertrude Malissa Nix Pridgett Rainey, better known as Ma Rainey (April 26, 1886 – December 22, 1939), was one of the earliest known American professional blues singers and one of the first generation of such singers to record. She was billed as The Mother of the Blues. She did much to develop and popularize the form and was an important influence on younger blues women, such as Bessie Smith, and their careers.

Went out last night with a crowd of my friends,
They must have been women, 'cause I don't like no men.
It's true I wear a collar and a tie, Make the wind blow all the time
They say I do it, ain't nobody caught me, Sure got to prove it on me.
Ma Rainey, Prove It On Me
**
Ma Rainey- (Vocals);
Tampa Red, Blind Blake- (Guitar);
Don Redman- (Clarinet);
Coleman Hawkins- (Bass Saxophone);
Louis Armstrong- (Cornet);
Fletcher Henderson, Georgia Tom Dorsey, Lovie Austin- (Piano).
**
01. Bad luck blues
02. Daddy goodbye blues
03. See see rider
04. Sleep talking blues
05. Yonder come the blues
06. Ma and Pa poorhouse blues
07. Jealous hearted blues
08. Trust no man
09. Toad frog blues
10. Farewell Daddy blues
11. Black cat hoot owl
12. Morning hour blues
13. Don't fish in my sea
14. Mountain Jack blues No.1
15. Mountain Jack blues No.3
16. Shave 'em dry
17. Big feeling blues
18. Little low Mama
19. Black eye blues
20. Night time blues
**
NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No comments:

Post a Comment