Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Vince & The Viceroys - Goin' Out Tonight 200


Vince & The Viceroys - Goin' Out Tonight 2003
Label: Stunt / Red Pearl
Recorded at Sound On Sound,
New York from October 9-11, 1999

Blues

Welcome to the "GOIN' OUT TONIGHT!" site!
Who am I? My name's Pincus, Pincus Scutari, that is ... the bass-player on 'the VICEROYS other albumn. Vince asked me to write the notes here. He says I'm better at it than he is ... well, o.k. Vince - are you kidding?
We get to go back a few years to visit "Goin' Out Tonight!"

All of the songs here are written by Vince, with the exception of: "Who's Been Talkin'", which was written by The Howlin' Wolf (AKA, Chester Burnett). For me, the stand-out songs are: "Cold, Cold World", and "Evil Wind". I got to play them many times when I joined the band. The audiences always loved them, and so do I. The whole albumn's great, and shows Vince's guitar playing in form: tough, graceful, earthy & fresh ... the sound he's become known for.
This albumn was followed by: "Trouble Dropped By!", which, as mentioned, I played on - you gotta check it out!
Since then, Vince collaberated with the great Tony Passa, the founder of The FASCINATORS, a legendary group from the days of Doo-Wop - Yes, we all love Doo-Wop, too - producing the world's first ever Doo-Wop "concept" albumn: "HUBERT's DIME MUSEUM", which is doing very well!
... nice speaking with you!
Pincus.
**
Vince on lead-vocal & guitar;
Jon Cato on drums;
Lon Williamson on bass,
with;
Brad Yates on Hammond Organ;
James Whitfield on tenor sax & piano,
and;
Rob Peck on harmonica.
**
01. Turn The Lights Down Low (3:15)
02. Lookin' For You (3:45)
03. Goin' Out Tonight (3:50)
04. I Wanna Know (3:24)
05. Cold, Cold World (3:59)
06. Bad Dream Blues (0:07)
07. Short, Tough Sophie (4:10)
08. Sugar Lips (5:43)
09. Evil Wind (5:42)
10. Baby Doll Blues (2:51)
11. Who's Been Talkin' (3:53)
12. Tootsie Roll (2:22)
*
NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No comments:

Post a Comment