Sunday, October 4, 2009

Charles BROWN - One More for the Road 1990


Charles BROWN - One More for the Road 1990
Label: Alligator
Original Release Date: August 6, 1986

Blues

These recordings are a nice combinations of blues and jazz. Charles Brown's vocals on this CD are very bluesy and mellow. It seems every single note he plays on the piano has a reason. Also the band on this CD seems to have complete control of each song. Everything seems to flow smoothly as they play from track to track. This CD has some of his finest works . Songs like I Stepped In Quicksand, I Cried Last Night, and Who Will Your Next Fool are some of his finest works. This CD confirms why he was recently inducted into the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame.If you are a listener or musician this CD should definitely be in your collection.
By Unknown.
**
Charles Brown- Vocals, Piano;
Billy Butler- Guitar;
Harold Ousley- Tenor Saxophone;
Earl May- Acoustic Bass;
Kenny Washington- Drums.
**
01. I Cried Last Night 4:16 
02. Save Your Love For Me 4:53  
03. I Stepped In Quicksand 2:54 
04. One For My Baby 5:41  
05. Get Your Kicks On Route 66 5:12 
06. Who Will The Next Fool Be? 4:10 
07. You Changed My Life 4:26  
08. Cottage For Sale 4:38
09. My Heart Is Mended 2:14 
10. I Miss You So 4:07 
11. Travelin' Blues 2:50
*
NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No comments:

Post a Comment