Monday, October 12, 2009

Pat METHENY Group - Blue Note iN Tokyo Japan 2009


Pat METHENY Group - Blue Note iN Tokyo Japan 2009
Label: Blue Note

Jazz

Well this is very special for us. We haven’t played a concert like this – for guitar, piano, bass and drums – for very close to 30 years. And the connection that we have had with this group and also the connection that I have felt with all the other projects that I have done over the years, with Japan and particularly the community of listeners that live in the Tokyo area, is very special and is something that we value very much. And I’ve been lucky to present music here under many different circumstances. And the invitation came to play here, and I had been thinking about what it would be like to play a quartet, and this seemed like the best place to do it. And actually, I can’t really say that it was anything expected from me. I mean, I knew that we would play the old music, and I kind of intentionally made it so that we didn’t play any new music – that we really looked at only the older pieces. But having Antonio in the band, really since he joined, makes it really a completely new experience. And because Antonio and I have played so much together in a trio situation – many people may remember that we played here with Christian in that trio – I really saw this as an opportunity to try to integrate the two things, which is something I’ve generally kept pretty separated. And I think in that sense, what the people here saw was that unfolding, and I think that over the course of the week it really did turn into something.
By Pat Metheny.
**
Lyle Mays
Steve Rodby
Antonio Sanchez
Pat Metheny
**
  1st.stage
01. Phase Dance
02. Jaco
03. Better Days Ahead
04. Goodbye
05. To The End of The World
06. The Road to You
07. So May It Secretly Begin
08. Lone Jack
09. Extradition
*
   2nd stage
10. Have You Heard
11. James
12. This Is Not America
13. Tell It All
14. Are You Going With Me
15. Farmer’s Trust
16. Last Train Home
17. Proof
18. Minuano
19. Song For Bilbao
**
NoPassword
*
DLink
*
1 2

No comments:

Post a Comment